Saturday 23 April 2011

Stimmy speak

I drive my husband nuts. Not in a good way either, most of the time.

I have a tendency to babble crap - ALL THE TIME. I ramble about numbers, bits of phrases, rhetorical questions.....that kind of thing. It is always repetitive. Over and over I say this stuff and I admit, I would beat me around the head with an iron bar, if it wasn't me doing it. It must be so incredibly annoying for my husband.

It is compulsive, but mostly mindless. I certainly don't do it in public - well not aloud anyway, so it is something that I can control. It is just something I do. I like it. It gathers it's own momentum.
It only occurred to me recently, that this is a verbal stim. Another little spectrummy trait that I have.

I announced triumphantly to my husband that I believe another piece of the genetic puzzle has fallen in place.

He didn't even look up from the paper.....I just heard a snort and "Gee, you reckon?".

Can't be that autistic...I could SMELL the sarcasm coming off that one!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Autism said...

My stim - obsessively eating pizza.