Thursday 28 April 2011

Back to school

Preschool started up again yesterday.

I think both Louis and I heaved a huge sigh of relief when he entered the doors.

He really does get bored of me. Hard to believe I know. I am a scinitillating conversationalist, and yet strangely he doesn't want to engage in witty repartee.

All jokes aside, it was a relief to get some time to myself again. I desperately need to catch up on uni work, housework, and the ever elusive sleep.

Louis had a good day. He hasn't done any major regressing these holidays. I guess because they are only a couple of weeks in duration. There has been more babbling, shrieking, lack of receptive language stuff, but not like there was in the Christmas break.

However, on returning to school yesterday, he wet his pants FOUR times. That seems an awful lot for a boy who didn't wet his pants for the entirety of the holidays.

Judging by the fact that he realises he needs to go AFTER he has peed, I think he is not feeling the urge. This seems to be the case when he is sensorily overloaded. I think his brain is processing so much of a sensory nature, that it doesn't recognise the sensation of needing to pee.

I imagine that he will have a couple of more accidents this week, and then he should be back up to optimum processing speed and be able to recognise the urge sensation again.

In the meantime, Mummy has lots of washing to do. So I am off to scrub.

By the way, a big thanks to Lynn for giving me a sparkling new phrase for my repertoire...."chapped anus" anyone?

3 comments:

Big Daddy Autism said...

With phrases liked "chapped anus" being sparkling new additions to your repertoire, I'm not surprised the kid was anxious to get back to school.

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

really? I have worked 'chapped anus' into every conversation I have had since reading about it. People look funny at me - I choose to believe they are feeling happy.

Anonymous said...

My son is almost 6, and is still having accidents almost daily, and at least 5 nights a week. *sigh* If we could clear this hurdle, we'd be in good shape. I guess you and I are stocking up on the detergent, huh?