Sunday 10 April 2011

I love my dogs



I love my dogs. They are such characters.

Charlie the Wonder Dog is the dark one. He is eight years old now. He is a mutt that is built like a brick shit house. He is the talkiest dog I have ever met. He loves to woo woo and ruff ruff in conversation. He was supposed to be an English Staffordshire Terrier. They lied. But, he is a great dog and I adore him.

Elsie Von Pudding Pants is only a year old. She is such a gorgeous girl. She is a rescue dog and has a terribly undershot jaw, so her bottom teeth are always exposed. She walks around with her tongue hanging out just a tad. I think she is a beauty queen. Others do not agree. She loves to play with the cats and has made Charlie a happy boy.

Anyway, they are a great source of comfort for me. Sometimes, I find it difficult to talk to humans. Don't get me wrong, my husband is a wonderful man. He is my best friend and my first source of comfort.

The dogs give me something else. They don't ask me questions. They don't try to understand me (sometimes that is an impossible task), they just curl up near me. They snuffle me with their doggy noses. They make me laugh with their stupid antics, they sit quietly pressed up against me when I am sad and they go away when I need to be alone. The best thing....no matter how shitty I feel about myself....they always let me know that they think I am a rock star. Total unconditional love wrapped in a soft furry package of snuffles.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You have a knack for dog-naming. If I ever get a dog, I'm going to have you name it :)