Monday 25 April 2011

Easter


I think I caught the moment that the sugar hit the bloodstream.

Louis doesn't like that much in the way of food but a little chocolate is always a hit. I completely understand, except for the bit about 'a little'.

We had a lovely enough Easter break. We had to be very careful not to mention the blasted bunny. The Easter bunny has the same terror inducing properties as Santa apparently. I believe it is because he is terrified of strangers coming into his house while he sleeps. And fair enough I say!

I told him that I went and took the eggs from a house down the street. That we have an arrangement for them to collect our stash from the bunny and pass it on in the morning.

I am not ready to 'kill off' Santa or the bunny. I am still hoping one day that Louis will get over his fear and embrace the whole fantasy. He is tolerant of the idea of them, as long as they don't come anywhere near him.

Good times my friends, good times.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

The Easter Bunny is much more freaky-deaky than Santa...at least at our mall. It's someone in a bunny costume with a ginormous head that isn't allowed to speak. Hmmm...on second thought, not sure if that is more scary or less scary for our kids...

Anonymous said...

Mine doesn't seem bothered by Santa or the Easter Bunny leaving things in the house, but he did ask if we were killing baby chicks when we boiled the eggs we were going to color. Jesus.

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

I love it CC! Literalism can be such a mood killer huh!
Lynn, a big thanks for chapped anus. You made my day/week.....possibly even month. Have linked it in following post.