Monday 4 April 2011

The dreaded holidays

I need your help!!!!!

Hope those exclamation marks grabbed your attention.

Autumn holidays are coming up. As in four days time. God help me.

Louis has a dreadful time in the holidays. He usually regresses in toilet training, anxiety, agoraphobia, eating and sleep (which is crap to start with!). Pretty much the whole shebang. Lack of routine = very unhappy Louis.

To this end, I need to run these holidays with military style precision and structure.

I have our usual collection of things that Louis can handle outside of the house. Basically, I can schedule in an outing every day. Mornings are usually better, due to less sensory difficulties.

HOWEVER, I am really struggling for ideas of what to do at home with Louis. This is not just for him but for me. I don't want Louis to spend the entirety of his holiday at home, in front of the television or the computer. Louis can NOT play on his own. He never has, and I am beginning to wonder if he ever will. Given any choice, Louis will want to re-enact the same five seconds of television show with me, over and over. I need to have some new ideas of what to do with Louis at home in the holidays or I am going to go insane.

I need ideas fast so that I can do the visuals and put them up on the calendar and daily activity board. I didn't realise these holidays were creeping up so fast.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

3 comments:

Big Daddy Autism said...

Elevator safaris? Round trip train ride to nowhere in particular? Windsheild wiper factory? Carwash? Grandparents' house? Trip to Las Vegas?

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

The windshield wiper factory would be his heaven on earth. As long as it was silent. Vegas on the other hand - hell on earth?

Lynn said...

Autumn holidays? I think this post is misfiled. Just kidding. I'm not that dum, no matter what Big Daddy says. You need to get on a plane to Florida...but BD would love to have you.