Monday 28 March 2011

Two cool things.

Speaking of odd......I mean.... aren't we? Louis keeps referring to his "radio" if he doesn't want to do something. His radio is the palm of his left hand. He pokes at it with his index finger of his left hand, as if using a phone. Interactions now work like this.... Me: Louis, time for bath. Louis: Hmmmm, hang on...beep beep beep. Oh, my radio says no bath. Me: My radio is the boss of your radio kiddo, get in the bath. Etc, etc. I think this is really clever (and not to mention IMAGINARY PLAY!!!!) He knows he gets nowhere by arguing and whining and so he has introduced his radio as a intermediary to discussions. I like it. Sometimes, I let the radio win. I only pray he isn't actually hallucinating a radio! Given our gene pool is not exactly a hotbed of mental health, it is always a worry! Another most excellent occurence from the weekend. I came in from hanging out the washing (no, that isn't most excellent) and I found Louis drawing scribbles on a piece of paper, nearly in tears. When he saw me, he grabbed me and said "I couldn't find you! So I drew a map". Brilliant no?

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE the radio. And the map. A child of promise and charm.
My eldest brother had an imaginary stove for a number of years which was so much a part of the household that my mother would apparently tell visitors (I am younger),' no you can't sit on that chair, my son's stove is resting on it.' He is more or less OK now.

Big Daddy Autism said...

Hang on ... beep.. beeeeep! My radio says, "That is awesome."

Btw, is it weird that I want to meet The Elephant's Child's brother solely because, as a child, he had an imaginary stove?

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

@ Elephant's Child: I am loving the imaginary stove EC!!! I love the caveat of "more or less". Hehehe
@BD: Totally with you!

Lynn said...

Our kids are the best, I swear. I'm totally using that radio thing next time I want to get out of something. Also? I'm thinking I could cook on an imaginary stove much better than a real one.