Sunday 27 March 2011

Stairway to heaven

Louis does this weirdass high pitched keening noise a lot. I don't even hear it most of the time anymore. I only just realised today though, that NT kids don't do this. Strange creatures.

Husband has taken Louis out on their usual weekend excursion. They catch the 'yellow bus' to a coffee shop and have a milkshake. Meanwhile, I get to study or clean (fun never stops!!). The coffee shop is in a shopping centre, but can be accessed with minimal shopping centre exposure for Louis. The appeal is, that it is situated on the top floor and has ceiling to floor windows, providing an uninterrupted view of the train station and bus stop. It is a big hit with my boy.

Anyway, today husband rang me to tell me that Louis hadn't said a word the entire trip, just the endless happy keening noise until he was riding the stairs up to the coffee shop. Apparently, he sighed contentedly "Oh, what a beautiful escalator!".

Autism checklist- item #3749....TICK.

1 comment:

Big Daddy Autism said...

Welcome to the "all day long weird noise" club. I think my son is the current president. Your membership card should arrive shortly.