Saturday 19 March 2011

Rinse and Repeat

AAARRRRGH!!!!

My head feels so poisonous right now. I can't stand this feeling, when the irritations of the day have been coming too thick and too fast and I have not been able to deflect them with any kind of panache.

I love my son so much, but seriously.....I nearly went insane today. We went and visited a friend who has a son on the spectrum too. The actual visit was lovely. However, the hour long trip there and back was hell on earth!

Louis gets obsessed with certain songs, television episodes and wants to hear/watch them all the time. Yeah, I know......typical autism stuff. At the moment though, there is one song that he wants to hear on repeat in the car. One entire hour listening to this shitting song about a car. In the song, the car speeds up and the car gets faster. Louis shakes his head faster and faster to match the tempo. Rinse and repeat. However, because the car in the song goes faster...he gets agitated that I am not matching the speed of the car to the speed of the song! To make matters worse, if I stop at a red light he shrieks for me to turn the song off. Of course, the second I accelerate again, I am ordered to put the song back on.

I can cop this on the short journeys we make, to school or local shops but an HOUR! EACH WAY!!

As if this wasn't fun enough, it was a day of on and off rain. Louis' most hated weather pattern. Unpredictable I guess. So every time a drop of rain landed on the car, I would hear "Activate windscreen wipers!". This would be cute a few times, but I am talking EVERY time the wiper was in a horizontal position!


Anyway, deep breath. I have an essay to finish. Later gator!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Ugh. That sounds like Chinese water torture. Our kids are quite the charmers aren't they?