Sunday 23 January 2011

Pooee!

It has been nearly 3 months since I last had a cigarette.

People promised me that I would be bestowed with a heightened sense of smell.

It took three months but I concede that "they" were correct.

I can smell all sorts of things that were previously blocked from my olfactory nerves. And I have to say it...... My GOD people...you stink!

Jeez Louise there are some bad smells out there. I never realised how much HAIR smelt. I can smell the hair of the random unwashed slob walking next to me for fucks sake.

This is not a gift people!!

Anyway....

I was also promised boundless energy. So far this has not been experienced by yours truly. I am putting this promise in the same basket of all things dubious. It can cosy up to the old chestnut about exercise induced endorphins. I won't call you an out and out liar but I have a sneaking suspicion that you are just fucking with my head. I am not saying that you are bullshitting me for kicks, you may be doing this in an altruistic manner to get me to stop smoking and start looking after my body, but still......

I am starting to smell smoke and that can only mean that there may be pants on fire out there.

Have started "diet" and exercise. Few days in. Keep the edge of that seat warm and I will keep you posted of any change.

No comments: