Monday 17 January 2011

In the Night Garden

Last night I was mowing the front lawn by the light of the moon. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration but it was 8.30pm when I quit. We have an electric lawnmower and I was scared that I would mow over the electrical cord.



For all intents and purposes, it was quite a nice time to mow. The sun was going down, there was a slight breeze and no-one had to watch me sweat like a bison in heat.



I was mowing the lawn at night because L can't abide the noise of a mower. It especially distresses him when Big D or I am doing the lawn. He almost looks betrayed as he goes into meltdown.....like what are you people doing to me!!! I don't think twice about this anymore but given the looks I caught from people marching their way around the block last night on their evening constitutional, I realised it may seem odd to others.


But writing this, I get the last laugh. I just saw the OCD dude from across the road spark up his whipper snipper and it is 8.14pm. I may have started a whole new trend here. Night gardening. Very adventurous out here in the suburbs.