Tuesday 11 January 2011

Nothing to see here people

I am feeling irked. A bit edgy and irritated. And really over nothing more than people caring about other people. What does that say about me huh?

Specifically, I feel icky when people get all mock horrified over natural disaster but you can hear all the gasping excitement in their voices. They are texting and twitting madly over the drama while they are squirming with the panting need to be the first to describe the horror to someone else. Then they get all holier than thou about how much they are going to donate, and really couldn't everyone please do a little more to help these "poor poor people".

Just get a grip people. Donate quietly and often. Do something practical and helpful. Just don't fucking tell me about it in that breathy orgasmic voice....you sound like a ghoul.

1 comment:

Kettle said...

I couldn't agree more. The tv coverage of the floods was disgusting and embarassing.