Saturday 8 January 2011

Boy loves his Nanna

My son loves his Nanna. No....REALLY loves his Nanna. As in some morning he wakes up sobbing that he needs his Nanna.

I kinda get it. She is an ordered, controlled, predictable and happy character. She is willing to get down on the floor and line up cars or trains and repeat scenarios over and over again. She is also pretty nifty with a chocolate wheaten and a cup of milk. What else can a boy like mine want?

But still, I don't think he has EVER sobbed that he wants me. I think a bit of heart-rending codependency would be nice every now and then. I know Nanna is the bomb but babycakes, only Mummy can put together the REALLY bitching train tracks. Anyway, you're shit out of luck Sunshine Bob...mummy is here to stay and you know what....when you are asleep, I sneak kisses!! HA!!

No comments: