Thursday 2 June 2011

Remember me??

Howza kids!

I am nearly back on board. Every Louis free moment has been devoted to essays, assignments and exams. Only one more to go, and I am FREE baby!!

For three weeks anyway.

Just going to give a quick recount of the EEG excitement. I am so proud of my laddio. He sat there like a freaking champ, while they stuck on all the leads and bandages. He lay in that bed for 24 hours and did not complain once. The techs and neurologists were amazed by his good behaviour.

You know, I would like to pretend that it has something to do with my parenting. But it doesn't. Louis is just one of those autistic kids that LOVE a good rule. When he is told what is going to happen, and then it happens, he is okay. It is when things happen unexpectedly that he falls apart. Also, he totally loses the power to speak or move when he is stressed. So he looks well behaved, when really he is going into shut down. NEAT huh!!!

Joking, it is pretty sad to watch, when you know what is going on. Luckily the neurologist has spent time with Louis before and knew to start making random statements about dinosaurs to relax him. Before long, Louis could talk again and was off on the endless dinosaur monologue that took up most of the next 24 hours.

So Louis was great. Handled the whole event with grace and style.

If anyone cares, I didn't sleep a fucking wink. I had a lovely fold out chair to sleep on. But one really shitty thing about the children's hospital, is all the sick children. Sick children are understandably pissed off. And pissed off sick kids can be damn loud! All night! Poor mites. But still, no sleep for me!!

End result of the 24 hour video EEG.......

SAME AS LAST TIME!!!!

bilateral epileptiform discharges happening often in both day and night. Not quite seizures but possibly precursors, maybe just a stangely wired autistic brain. No MRI (thank you!) and no medication at this point. All good, just need to keep an eye on him.

So that is that.

I will be back soon, blogging regularly again.

Before I go, this is a conversation I had with Louis this morning.

Louis: almost in tears "I wish I could be a super hero"
Me: "Like superman?"
Louis: "No! Like SuperLouis"
Me: "You can be SuperLouis today, if you like"
Louis: "No thank you"
Me: ??

2 comments:

Kettle said...

Louis is totes my hero. How cool is he?

And well done you for getting through it all with grace and style. Nice one.

Lizbeth said...

I'm glad he made it through, and you too! Those kind of visits are not easy on anyone!