Saturday 4 June 2011

The Good Wife

Who tells men that little blonde frosted tips on their hair looks good? Just can't STAND that look!

And that brushed forward bieber looking do, that young teenage lads have. Shit on toast.

I guess this is part of getting old. Men under the age of 30 just look ridiculous to me. They seem to flounce around a lot more than men used to. As a woman, I appreciate the ability to spell correctly incredibly more sexy than the ability to ponce around the local shopping centre with faux-hawks.

So I have banned my husband from the local mall.

Ha ha ha!

He totally has no hair to mohawk, fauxhawk, foof or flounce. There are a few little baby elephant tufts up top and that is about it.

BUT he can spell.

And so we shall remain married.

So this train of thought came about because I was wondering if my Louis will ever give a crap about looks and style. I have spoken to mothers, who claim that their son's are extremely picky about what they wear. Seriously! They insist on certain styles of clothes, and choose clothes for how they LOOK. I am not talking about needing soft clothes, with no tags etc. I am talking aesthetics! At kindergarten age.

Louis rarely notices if he is dressed or not. He often toddles off out of the house with no shoes on. He gets in the bath with his clothes still on. If I didn't pull him up, I really don't know how long it would be until he noticed.

So, I was just wondering if anyone elses tizzy kids notice what they are wearing. To be honest, I am hoping that he never cares about this stuff. I would hate to have to start putting an effort into what I look like, for fear of embarrassing him!

I will leave you with this morning's Louis antics.

Louis was walking back from the park with Daddy and the dog. A man walked past them with another dog, which barked fiercely at our dog. Louis freaked. Daddy swung around trying to control our equally freaked out dog and inadvertently hit Louis in the head with his back pack. I had been watching from our house and shuffled down the road to meet them.

Louis was sniffling still when I picked him up. He said "Mummy, Daddy hit me in the head". I said "That is no good buddy, it was an accident though". Louis replied "No, he did it on purpose". I grinned and said to Daddy "Well, that was a crappy thing to do, wasn't it!". Daddy tried for a teaching moment "Louis, it was an accident. When you kicked that girl, when you were on the swing, that was an accident wasn't it?". Louis "No it was on purpose".

Nice one!

So anyway, we had a scheduled play date which we rocked up to with Louis wearing a bandage around his head and bandaids plastered in his hair (he insisted on this). Then he got to tell everyone that he looked the way he did because: "Daddy, hits me on the head - ON PURPOSE!!"

Poor Hubs. I am so not a united front. Nope, not for a minute.

5 comments:

Lizbeth said...

Well Louis knows how to throw Daddy under the bus, doesn't he? Hehe!

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

No but Mummy is willing to help at times!

Big Daddy Autism said...

Oooh! This is fancy!!

Kettle said...

Louis rocks. LOVE the bandaids in his hair. Gold.

Lynn said...

I'm not into the "manscaping" either...I've been noticing ALOT of waxed eyebrows on men. They can't all be drag queens...