Thursday 3 February 2011

The wink

I got that wink today. That wink that good looking confident young men in their late teens/early twenties give to women on the dark side of 30. He was spruiking for a charity in a shopping centre. I told him that all my money goes to autism charities and if he would like to contribute I could help him out.

He chuckled and shook his head in a "you dear crazy old bird" way and then wished me a "delightful rest of the day". Then it happened. The wink. The wink that is mean't to make me feel all gooey and grateful that such a young and good looking specimen would give me the time of day.

I used to eat men like you for breakfast kid. Keep your sexy winks for your pubescent girlfriend who probably is waxing all kinds of painful bits to keep your attention. I would rather have a cup of coffee and some quality alone time with a book thanks all the same.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Clearly this mean you've still got it!

Thanks so much for listening to our little radio show, and for your encouragement and support...we will return!