Thursday 10 February 2011

Please don't love me!!!

This is a weird recurrent meltdown L has.

It happened again on the way home from preschool. I was watching him in the rearview mirror rubbing his dummies on his face as we drove home. He looked so sweet and drained from the day that I couldn't help myself and said,"I love you, L". Don't get me wrong, I say this all the time,but I am learning when L is fragile it is best not to go there.

But I went there and the meltdown ensued.

L "Nooooooooo! Don't love me! You don't love me!!"

Me "I do love you L" (stupid I know, but I hate hearing him say I don't love him...even though he means it as an order rather than a declarative statement".

L "Nooooooo. I love you!!! Don't love me mummy!"

M .........

L "I don't want you to love me! Don't love me!! "
cue major sobbing and hysterical gasping for breath.

Yikes...... talk about commitment issues! Heads up to all future girlfriends....work out all your codependency issues before hooking up with the L-meister!

No comments: