Tuesday 22 February 2011

And his name is....

First off, I am giving myself the shits referring to Louis as L. His name is Louis. I honestly don't think that his safety is in jeopardy by typing his name. There....exhale.

Anyhoo....

I have a doozy of a headache tonight. Been shedding a few tears for Christchurch. For a beautiful city and all her people. Which leads me to think of a friend slowly reaching the end of a long and difficult illness. Then of course....all sadness leads back to Henry. So a few tears.

Louis is having a lot of nightmares. Pretty much every night. He was crying tonight before sleep. He said "my bed scares me. It wakes me up". From further deciphering I understand that he is scared of having more nightmares.

I don't know what else to do. We have talked about it. I have done social stories. He knows that when he yells for us, we come. But I understand. I remember being terrified of sleep too. Of course, I used to torture myself with horror films. Louis' nightmares are more along the lines of "roosters wetting the letterbox". Fucking roosters.

I will contact the homoeopath again. These remedies often help ease Louis' anxiety for a while. Still trying to get my head around the idea of Louis having pharmaceutical medication. I will try everything else first but will not let his anxiety get out of hand.

Cheers

4 comments:

lebelinoz said...

How old is Louie? I have two autistic kids in Melbourne, about to turn 6 and 8. I can't imagine either one ever saying "please" or "thank you" without being prompted...

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

Hi there. Always love to hear from others with autistic kids. Louis is 4. I have read your blog. I really enjoy your writing. Your boys sound wonderful. While Louis may say please and thank you unprompted, I may not have mentioned that he also says it to inanimate objects....so the politeness lacks credibility sometimes!!

Lynn said...

My daughter just started having what I think are nightmares...it's hard to tell because she can't really tell me. I'm hoping it's a short term thing....but I'm worried about what I'll do if it's not.

Noonie Trousers and Then Some said...

Hey Lynn Just catching a moment to reply. We are still on our stretch of nightly nightmares. It is horrible. Unfortunately, nothing has worked for us so far. Will let you know if something does. Hope things have eased off for Audrey. She seems like a spectacular girl!