Sunday 17 July 2011

Nigel Marven



See that dude?

He now lives in our house. I feed him. I have to buckle him into the car. I have to SLEEP with him.

He is Louis' imaginary friend.

A new development indeed in our wee household.

Now given the literal bent of autism, it may not surprise you that Louis' imaginary friend actually exists.

I introduce to you.....Nigel Marven - paleontologist. Well, he is in a shitload of dinosaur shows that Louis watches anyway.

I mentioned that Louis lives and breathes dinosaurs right? To the point of absolute saturation.

From the moment he wakes up to the moment he sleeps, all he talks about, cares about, scripts about are dinosaurs. He has a funny little stim he does with his fingers that he looks out of the corners of his eyes at, that apparently are "running velociraptors".

So anyway, Nigel has made a big impression in our household. Louis is often found mumbling away sotto voce to him. I am not privy to these conversations. Given that they are sure to involve scripting one of Nigel's docos, I certainly don't give a shit. In fact, I am pretty thankful that someone else has to listen to this stuff for a while.

However, there is a unforeseen problem. Nigel is driving a wedge between me and husband. If he aint cutting his grass, he is certainly firing up the mower. You see, Louis is insisting that Nigel sleep with me. Sure this may be platonic in a wee four-year-old's mind, but the night's are long my friend. How long am I supposed to resist the temptations of an aging British paleontologist?

Actually, I think you are quite safe hubs.

So Nige may be making a few appearances in this blog. He has been a great source of hilarity for me and husband already.

Talk sooner rather than later. Thanks for the love guys. Feeling it and feeling better xx.

2 comments:

Kettle said...

If only there was a webcam in your car; I'd love to see you buckle Nigel in.

Gold!

Lizbeth said...

I'm not seeing a problem with this. ;)