Tuesday 31 January 2012

Totally traumatised by Kindi......me not him

My beautiful son started Kindergarten.

He says that it is "totally awesome".

His teacher says he has had a "lovely couple of days, but he is reticent around the children and just watches them, sussing them out"

They are going to get a social story going on how to strike up conversations.

I did a bit of this with him this afternoon......

when I wasn't grilling him for information on his "feelings about school" etc etc. I am being a shitty anxious mother.

A mother who feels like she has been kicked in the guts and has been crying since he went to bed, because she can't get the picture out of her head of her beautiful son isolated and frightened in a playground of neurotypicals that just don't understand him and don't want to.

Hmmmmm overreacting yes. Hopefully this is just some grief slash loss slash new chapter bullshit and I can be back to normal asap.

1 comment:

Þorgerður said...

Hi...hope it gets better
Good that he liked it...
and overreacting is my reflex too..hardly know another way.